10 ways to repurpose your empty plastic jar after using ctrl+alt+delete products
1. Create a fun design on your old jars with metallic sharpies, rhinestones, crystals or turquoise rocks and use as a jewelry boxes and store necklaces, bracelets, and more.
2. Place cotton balls or swabs inside and place on your vanity for easy accessibility or seal up the jar and take with you on the go.
3. Completely clean to store mints. Pop the containers in each of your bags, so you’re always feeling fresh.
4. Pour trail mix, candy, and more into medium-sized jars for a perfectly portioned snack.
5. Use as a storage container for reuse-able false lashes.
6. Fill your empty jar with homemade body butter or sugar scrub. Here are some simple recipes:
• To make easy body butter at home, using the double boiler method: add ½ cup shea butter, ½ cup cocoa butter, ½ cup coconut oil and ½ cup almond oil, make a smooth mixture by melting all the ingredients. Once done, turn off the flame, allow the mixture to cool down and attain a normal temperature; transfer body butter into empty jar.
• To make simple sugar scrub at home: place 3/4 cup of brown sugar into empty jar, add jojoba oil 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing in between. You will use anywhere from 3 – 5 tablespoons. The consistency should be sandy, not soupy. If the mix is too soupy, the sugars will dissolve in a day or two and not exfoliate skin as well, but you will still get added moisture from the oil. If it’s too soupy, add more sugar.
8. Use containers to stash small items ranging from push pins and thumbtacks to paper clips and safety pins.
9. Place your keys inside, so you never misplace.
10. Store away to use as a color bowl when needed.